Finally, after over 6 decades, thanks to Heritage Audio, one of the most desired equalizers of all time is back! After recently acquiring the famous 1960s Pro Audio company LANG Electronics Inc…the PEQ-2.
Program Equalizer has been reborn and is once again available to all. Not very many were made and those that have survived until today are carefully guarded by their lucky owners. Many professionals have said that they actually prefer this model to the ubiquitous Pultec program equalizers.
The huge, clear layout makes the PEQ-2 enjoyable to use and quick to dominate. Within no time you’ll be improving your tracks with very natural, musical frequency processing.
The PEQ-2 has nearly twice as many frequency options to choose from…26 compared to the Pultec´s 14. The low end is infinitely more controllable as the LANG gives you the ability to Boost and Cut at different frequencies, unlike the Pultec.
With independent controls for Boost and Droop (Cut) of the High band you can quickly transform your material in interesting, creative ways that you have almost certainly never considered before. There is also an HF Boost Bandwidth control to adjust the frequency range covered by the boost.
Once you’ve found out how to mold your mixes with these you’ll wonder how you ever managed before.
- Line input impedance: 2400 Ω bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ω.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26.5 dBu into 600 Ω (internally terminated).
- THD+N Ratio: 0.02 % @ 1 kHz 24 dBu, all control CCW*.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (± 0.3 dB).
- Noise floor: ≤- 86 dBu.
- Power: 48 V DC @ 60 mA.
- Dimensions (W x H x L): 482 mm x 88 mm (2 Rack units) x 153 mm.
- Weight: 3.088 Kg.
*CCW stand for fully counter clockwise – Turn all controls to the left.