The HA-73X2 Elite dual channel microphone preamp is made to the same specifications as the acclaimed 73 JR II and DMA 73 Heritage Audio models at a price never heard before. It is the exact equivalent to getting two individual HA-73 Elite channels.
Leveraging the expertise and reputation obtained with its popular hand wired, extremely time-consuming hand soldered series, HA is able to offer a zero compromise, high quality yet very affordable alternative to the growing entry-level brands.
A combination of mass production, lean manufacturing and modern construction techniques, minimizes hand labor and therefore its high associated costs when manufacturing takes place in Western Europe. By passing the savings straight into the end users´ pockets, Heritage Audio releases the most affordable outboard preamps and equalizers in its class up to date.
Key components to obtain a true vintage sound are indeed maintained, like the industry standard Carnhill transformers, hand wound in St Ives, England.
Manufactured in the same Spanish facilities as the rest of the HA line of products, the rack mountable HA-73X2 Elite presents the classic recording preamp that, for generations, has been regarded for its rich, musical qualities and its ability to dramatically improve the sound of almost any source.
Furthermore, it includes the same exact great sounding JFET DI circuit found in the 73 JR II and a fully discrete Class A high pass filter.
With 80dB of available gain and dedicated mic, line, and instrument inputs; the HA-73X2 Elite has everything you need to bring your recorded signals to life with vintage vibe and thickness.
The HA-73X2 Elite features gain, output trim, -20 dB pad, polarity reverse, a high pass filter, and +48 V phantom power. It comes housed in a rugged 1RU British steel chassis and utilizes an external power supply for low noise operation. The HA-73X2 features Carnhill input and output transformers, high quality pots and switches, and best of all is 100 % made by Heritage Audio.
- Microphone input impedance: HI=1200 Ω minimum, LO=300 Ω minimum
Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for low
gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10 kΩ bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ω, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ω.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26.5 dBu into 600 Ω (internally terminated).
- THD: Less than 0.025 % at 1 kHz, Less than 0.05 % at 100 Hz.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz (+0.3 dB) to 20 kHz (-0.2 dB).
- Maximum Gain: Slightly greater than 80 dB.
- Equivalent Input Noise: Less than -125 dBu.
- Output stage noise: Less than -100 dBu.
- Power consumption: Less than 260 mA @48 V DC.
February 6, 2017
March 30, 2016
January 26, 2016
March 14, 2016