The HA-73 EQ Elite is made to the same specifications as the acclaimed 73 JR II, 73 EQ JR and DMA 73 Heritage Audio models at a price never heard before.
Leveraging the expertise and reputation obtained with its popular hand wired, extremely time-consuming hand soldered series, Heritage Audio is able to offer a zero compromise, high quality yet very affordable alternative to the growing entry-level brands.
A combination of mass production, lean manufacturing and modern construction techniques, minimizes hand labor and therefore its high associated costs when manufacturing takes place in Western Europe. By passing the savings straight into the end users´ pockets, Heritage Audio releases the most affordable outboard preamps and equalizers in its class up to date.
Key components to obtain a true vintage sound are indeed maintained, like the industry standard Carnhill transformers, hand wound in St Ives, England.
Manufactured in the same Spanish facilities as the rest of the Heritage Audio line of products, the HA-73 EQ Elite rack mountable mic preamp equalizer presents the complete classic recording channel that, for generations, has been regarded for its rich, musical qualities and its ability to dramatically improve the sound of almost any source.
No 73 equalizer will present the correct equalization curves without high quality capacitors and, most importantly, correct “Vinkor” type pot core inductors. More than often these type of products have expensive inductors replaced with generic ferrite core ones or, even worse, the mid band dual inductor replaced with a single one. Never in Heritage Audio products! The impact of replacing these to the eq curves is dramatic, leading to incorrect shapes and high frequency phase distortion which in no way honor the design.
The HA-73 EQ Elite employs WIMA 5 % capacitors in the EQ section as well as 3 correct vintage type “Vinkor“ pot core inductors so the eq curves are virtually indistinguishable from the handmade equalizers in the Heritage Audio line. Customers can expect the same sonic quality and feel they have come to appreciate from Heritage Audio.
The HA-73 EQ’s preamp section features gain, output trim, -20 dB pad, polarity reverse, a high pass filter, and +48 v phantom power. The HA-73 EQ’s EQ section features a high shelving EQ, midrange peak EQ, low shelving EQ, a variable high pass filter, and EQ Bypass,. The HA-73 EQ comes housed in a rugged 1RU British steel and aluminum chassis and utilizes an external power supply for low noise operation.
- Microphone input impedance: HI=1200 Ω minimum, LO=300 Ω minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for low gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10 kΩ bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ω, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ω.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26.5 dBu into 600 Ω (internally terminated).
- THD: Less than 0.025 % at 1 kHz, Less than 0,05 % at 100 Hz.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz (+0.3 dB) to 20 kHz (-0.2 dB) – EQ Off.
- Maximum Gain: Slightly greater than 80 dB.
- Equivalent Input Noise: Less than -125 dBu.
- Output stage noise: Less than -100 dBu.
- Power consumption: Less than 95 mA @48 V DC.
April 24, 2021
January 30, 2020
April 23, 2018
March 9, 2023
March 3, 2023
December 7, 2022
November 18, 2022
February 5, 2022