Tube-based Variable-Mu compressor
Originally designed for broadcast and cutting of lacquer masters for vinyl albums the Fairchild evolved into what is probably the most famous and coveted compressors of all time. Produced at the end of the 50´s there weren´t that many actually manufactured. Of those that remain, some 60 plus years later, only a small percentage have been properly maintained and are up to the job.
This lush, punchy, warm sound has blessed 1,000s of hits and has never gone out of style. On the contrary, it´s desired as much today as it was when released, if not more…due to the digital age we live in. There´s an ever increasing need for that analog mojo to caress your mixes and Heritage Audio has the answer with the HERCHILD Model 660.
The HERCHILD Model 660 is a Tube-based Variable-Mu compressor that faithfully reproduces the design and exact components used in the original. Stuffed full of 11 valves and 5 transformers and operating at high voltage a solid, professional result is achieved.
It produces a clean, transparent sound with no artefacts or pumping while also being able to create a more noticeable, heavier, denser effect with extra harmonics if pushed harder.
The original is a classic, but working in the 21st century we´ve come to expect certain features. The HERCHILD Model 660 will not disappoint.
The 6 Attack and Release times have been exactly duplicated in the TIME CONST section as has its all-tube side chain circuit for precise control.
There is now access to the progressive ratio with the DC THRESHOLD, which is a unique curve adjustment combining control of the ratio and the knee. This is continually adjustable from hard limiting to very smooth and transparent compression settings.
The SC FILTER is a side chain filter with 4 selectable frequencies to reduce the lower frequency´s influence on the signal, a must have nowadays.
- Input Impedance: 2 kΩ.
- Output Impedance: 600 Ω.
- Output Level: +30 dBu clipping point.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz ± 1 dB.
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 120 dB.
- Self Noise: Less than -82 dBu.
- Harmonic Distortion: Less than 1% at any level up to +18 dBu output (no limiting).
- Watts: >100W.
- Dimensions (W x H x L): 482 mm x 134 mm (3 Rack units) x 200 mm.
- Weight: 7.365 Kg.
- Input Impedance: 2K Ω
- Output Impedance: 600 Ω
- Output Level: +30dBu clipping point
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 15kHz +/- 1db
- Self Noise: Less than -82dBu
- Harmonic Distortion: Less than 1% at any level up to +18dBu output (no limiting)
- Dimensions (W x H x L): 482mm x 134mm (3 Rack units) x 200mm
- Weight: 7.365 Kg
May 25, 2022
May 27, 2022
May 30, 2022